Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Morris wallpaper in real life....





Here are the Morris & Co. wallpaper books from my local hole-in-the-wall paint and paper store, Waltham Wallpaper and Paint.  They currently have six volumes and a new one is published by Sanderson each year.  You can tell from the duct tape they get a lot of use.  A double roll of Morris paper costs about $140 dollars and the books also include lots of matching fabrics.


 Fruit

I used Fruit in a small first floor bathroom in my last house.  Trim and beadboard wainscotting on lower half of room was painted Benjamin Moore Corinthian White.


 

This is Acorn (picture is from the wallpaper book).  I have always wanted to do a room with this pattern -- I love its subtlety.


 Acorn (detail)

Two more book examples.....an accent wall approach.

  
Windrush


  
Golden Lily (remember the dumpster?!)


  
Chrysanthemum in my dining room


  
 

 
Trim Benjamin Moore 925 semigloss, wall below chair rail C2 Outback in eggshell.