Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Winter dreams and pretty dresses....



Today my "ant" Anne sent me the this pic, made from a photo I sent her in December and inspiration from the Snowflake Bentley post (can you see the little buddhas in the snowflakes?).  If it looks familiar it is....I will name these the "valentine series".   Anne suggested that I should turn my sights to designing house dresses made from William Morris fabrics (and also here)----how could the NYT style section not love that?  While fashion has never been my strong suit, I was reminded of a picture I took last year of myself and my friend Julia....

 

Julia has many pretty dresses....I love this pic of her matching the table cloth and the house-warming gifts she brought.



topping up leaky radiator in another sweet dress.....


continued experimentation on perfect macaroon recipe in another....


which of course provides actual real reason to wield machete -- always a good thing.


The wind and rain is howling outside.....I feel my seasonal affective disorder acting up!